In many areas related to consumer purchases, we frequently seek the best deal or find ourselves willing to sacrifice quality to ensure a lower price. However, when it comes to tow hitches in Eugene, OR for hauling around and out of town, it is not the best time to sacrifice quality in order to save money. Here are five reasons why you want to find the best quality tow hitch for your needs:
- Reliability: You rely on your tow hitch to withstand loaded trailers and carry your bikes, motorcycles and other equipment. The last thing you need is to have it fail while you are on the road and risk the safety of everyone around you. Loose trailers are not the only hazard; bikes that suddenly drop in front of the car behind you can also cause chaos. By choosing the right hitch and professional installation, you ensure better security as you travel, which in turn keeps you from being a danger on the highway.
- Brakes and wires: One of the most frequent mistakes made in towing is not checking to make sure the electronic brakes and signal wires are connected correctly. By investing in higher quality, these connections are made easier—some setups even color-code to make this easier for the typical driver. Sometimes, the best way towards prevention is to make a safety step easier. Spend a little extra money to make this happen.
- You will make mistakes: There will be times when a hasty load means an unbalanced one, or you learn only after experiencing bad gas mileage that your driving style needs to change. Good tow hitches also contain backup components in case your trailer becomes unhitched. The difference between a mistake being an inconvenient learning experience or becoming deadly is connected to the quality of your tow hitch. If you are new to towing and still getting the hang of driving with a trailer, invest in the best quality possible.
- Durability: Quality tow hitches are less likely to sustain significant damage when someone hits you from behind. Also, some are shown to prevent further damage to your car in an accident by absorbing all the impact first. If your tow hitch is unable to withstand even minor fender benders, you risk undercarriage damage to your vehicle.
- Options: Putting more money into your tow hitch means you will not just be limited to your bike rack. If you decide you want to purchase a tent trailer, for example, upgrading to the next level means more possibilities at your disposal. You can pack your bikes on a day trip, or enjoy a weekend outdoors without having to install a new tow hitch. Choosing the best quality early means accommodating several possibilities.
Tow hitches in Eugene, OR support your work and recreation and are a significant investment for your vehicle. To find the right one with good quality, visit Ron’s Hitch N Tow today to discuss options and ensure proper installation. We look forward to meeting you soon.