When you’re in the market for a new tow hitch, it is understandable that you want the best deal, especially since tow hitches in Eugene, OR can be expensive to purchase and install. However, towing and hauling is a high-risk activity even with the best of plans, and the last thing you want is an equipment failure—especially when you are hauling cargo like live animals. Here are five reasons why you want to go for high quality products when you are choosing tow equipment:
- Reliable performance: Your tow hitch often carries out precarious duties. Loaded trailers are not predictable, and when you carry bikes and motorcycles, you want them to be secure. You do not want your hitch to fail and result in highway accidents and damaged possessions. When you choose the right hitch and have it installed professionally, you will enjoy better security, which keeps you from being a highway hazard.
- Best signal wire installation: Brake lights and turn signals are important safety equipment. You should make a habit of checking them, since a big bump in the road or other sudden movement can cause light wires to detach. Professional installation assures signal wires are secured and less likely to become dislodged. If you go for a high quality system, it may even be color-coded to help you reattach connections in the rare instance that they come undone. Spending a little more makes staying safe easier.
- Mistakes are inevitable: You will not always load your trailer perfectly. This means that, eventually, you may drive out with an unbalanced load. You may also have a driving style that is not optimal for towing. While these learning curves work themselves out, investing in a good tow hitch that makes up for your shortcomings could prevent your mistakes from becoming major accidents. Good systems contain backup components in case your trailer comes unhitched or starts to waver. The less experienced you are at towing, the better quality you need to purchase. That will keep you and other drivers safe on the road.
- Quality materials: Durability is important. If someone hits you from behind, a good tow hitch can stand up to the impact and prevent frame damage. Buying a hitching system that barely stands up to minor fender benders is bad news for your car. You will risk undercarriage damage and likely have to replace your vehicle.
- Options and features: We all like a little extra when we make a major purchase! Putting more money into your tow hitch expands your options. You may install a tow hitch with plans to only use it for a bike rack—however, you never know what the future holds. Tent trailers are becoming more affordable or you may want to haul other items. If you go with a cheaper brand and decide you want these options later, the money you thought you saved will just go towards another tow hitch installation.
Ron’s Hitch N Tow offers tow hitches in Eugene, OR for work and play. Visit us today to browse your options and take advantage of our professional installation services.