The warm weather is already here, which means the summer season is not that far away. Are you prepared for summertime activities? Preparedness includes upgrading vehicle accessories and introducing new and exciting add-ons that make it easier for your truck to pull toys like a boat on a trailer or to carry big items on the outside of your RV. So, before you even begin making all those summer trip plans, consider whether your vehicles are equipped for the long haul.
Whether you are looking for trailer hardware, tow hitches or RV accessories in Eugene, OR, let Ron’s Hitch N Tow hook you up! Here’s a little information about some of the most popular accessories that we offer in our shop:
- Fifth wheel hitches: In regards to towing, a fifth wheel hitch is a coupling between a trailer and the vehicle being used to tow the trailer. It has to be properly installed in the bed of a pickup truck so the weight of the trailer can safely press down between the cab of the truck and the rear axle.
- Electrical components: There are all sorts of electrical components associated with trailer and RV accessories, including the wiring and hardware needed to hook up a hitch to a vehicle. It’s too dangerous to pull a trailer without the proper electrical components, because the trailer and the vehicle pulling it cannot communicate when the brakes are applied or a turn signal is activated.
- Suspension components: Trailer tows and RVs need adequate suspension if they are to function properly. Included in the suspension system are properly inflated tires, shock absorbers, springs and the hardware that connects the wheels to the vehicle. All this working together allows for smooth movement between the vehicle and suspension system. Schedule an appointment with a professional and install replacement suspension components, if needed.
- Trailer parts: This is a broad category that includes the following trailer parts: tires and wheels, axles, brakes, lights, cargo anchors and tie downs, wiring, suspension components, jacks, locks, toolboxes and more. If there’s any part you need for your trailer, you can find it at Ron’s Hitch N Tow!
- Camper tie downs: Are you planning on hauling a camper in your truck bed this summer? If so, you are going to need sturdy, custom fitting camper tie downs. Truck bed camper tie downs do exactly what their name implies—the proper tie downs and brackets at the front and rear of your truck bed act as attachment points for securing a bed-mounted camper.
- RV racks: The type of RV rack you want to install depends on your needs. RV racks attach to the exterior of RVs to carry things like bicycles, motorbikes, outdoor activity equipment and extra luggage. But they are also available as motorcycle carriers that hook up to a vehicle’s hitch.
If you are looking for specific RV accessories in Eugene, OR, or have questions about what equipment might be best suited for your needs, give Ron’s Hitch N Tow a call to speak with one of our knowledgeable team members!