There is still time for a west coast RV trip from Eugene, OR before summer is over. In fact, fall is a great time for a cooler weather road trip, and Pacific coast RV trips are increasingly popular for a relaxing fall vacation. If you’re thinking about taking an RV trip from Eugene, OR, make sure you hit these top spots on the west coast:
- Seattle: You don’t want to miss Seattle, and if you’re just now starting out on your Pacific coast RV trip from Eugene, OR, it’s best to hit the northern coast now before it gets cooler. There are several RV parks in the Seattle area, such as Elwha Dam RV Park in Port Angeles just west of Seattle, and Mounthaven Resort in Ashford, just east of Seattle. Seattle itself is a great destination for outdoor activities and tourist attractions. Make sure to stop by the Space Needle, Pike Place Market, the Museum of Flight and Chihuly Garden and Glass, and try take in a tour of Puget Sound as well.
- Cannon Beach: Heading back south, a great beach spot in Oregon is Cannon Beach. It features 100 paved full hookup sites for RVs as well as cable and wireless internet, plus an indoor pool and spa. Ecola State Park has many historic features, including Tillamook Head, which was explored by Lewis and Clark.
- Port Orford: Port Orford is another great spot in Oregon that is known for its artistry, mountains and forests. There is a Port Orford RV village that offers full amenities and access to the Cape Blanco Lighthouse, which is in the state park full of great hiking and views.
- Crescent City: If you’re taking a west coast RV trip from Eugene, OR, you have to stop in the Redwoods. The Redwoods RV resort is one of the best RV parks in California and is right next to the California Redwoods. In Crescent City, you’ll spend most of your time taking in the views of the State Park, including Howland Hill Road and Crescent Beach Overlook.
- San Francisco: San Francisco RV Resort is a must-stop and is situated only a short distance from the city. You’ll get a great view of the Pacific Ocean and access to many tourist favorites, such as the Golden Gate Bridge, Half Moon Bay and Alcatraz.
- San Diego: The last stop on your pacific coast RV trip from Eugene, OR has to be San Diego. There are several RV parks in the area, such as Campland on the Bay, and San Diego is full of family-friendly attractions like Sea World, Legoland and the San Diego Zoo.
Before you head out on your Pacific Coast RV trip from Eugene, OR, make sure you have everything you need. Stop by Ron’s Hitch N Tow for the best trailer hitches, hitch supplies and trailer repairs. We specialize in trailer brakes, trailer axles, trailer tires, brake controllers, trailer rollers and any other part you need. Come see us and check out our selection today!