If you’re in the market for a new motorcycle lift for your RV, we recommend putting the same amount of thought into it as you did for the bike itself. But that’s not always easy if you don’t know what to look for. Luckily, we’re here to help! Keep reading to learn a few qualities of all good motorcycle lifts in Eugene, OR:
- Quality design: Motorcycle lifts can either be hydraulic-lifted, air-lifted or mechanical. Though all three have pros and cons, we recommend sticking with hydraulic lifts. These lifts are moved by a combination of hydraulic fluid and compressed air, meaning there’s no physical effort required to move it on your part.
- Heavy-duty construction: Any quality lift is made of heavy-duty steel. The steel should be painted with a coating that’s resistant to oil, gas, grease and other liquids that may compromise the metal.
- High lift capacity: There’s no point in having a motorcycle lift if it can’t actually lift up your motorcycle! Since not all lifts are the same size and style, they have different weight capacities. Before you buy a lift, make sure it’s rated to support your bike’s make and model.
- Locking mechanisms: Your bike has to stay put on the lift while you’re working on it, so the lift needs to be able to lock your bike in place to ensure it doesn’t fall off when you’re using it. All good motorcycle lifts in Eugene, OR have ultra-secure locks that are guaranteed to hold your bike in place regardless of what you may be doing with it.
What are the risks of buying a low-quality lift?
You don’t have to pay attention to our advice when it comes to buying a quality motorcycle lift, but you might regret it! Here’s what could go awry if you purchase a low-quality lift:
- Personal injury: Buying a lift that’s ill-fitted to lift your bike could end up sending you to the hospital. You could hurt yourself trying to lift the motorcycle if you don’t buy a hydraulic lift, or the bike may fall on top of you if it doesn’t have a secure lock. Spend the extra money to get a motorcycle lift that won’t put your safety in danger.
- Bike damage: As we just mentioned, all motorcycle lifts that work in Eugene, OR have secure locking mechanisms. If the one you buy doesn’t have that, your bike could topple right off the lift as soon as you get it up there. If it doesn’t crush your body, it’ll certainly get damaged when it hits the ground.
- Wasted money: Though a high-quality lift might cost more, it’s well worth the investment in the long run. Instead of needing a new lift every few years, a good motorcycle lift will last for decades without needing replacement.
If you’re tired of your old lift and need motorcycle lifts that work in Eugene, OR, then look no further than Ron’s Hitch N Tow. We only sell and install high-quality products from Hydralift, so you can rest easy knowing that it’ll stand the test of time!